About Us & FAQs
Here at Gainesville Flower, we are passionate about flowers and about our Gainesville community! We are 100% locally owned and operated and DO NOT participate in any national floral chains or wire services, which means the designs you see on our website are our original creations and are hand-crafted by the floral designers themselves.
We love supporting local business and using as many Florida-grown flowers as we can. We started our flower journey as flower farmers ourselves, and continue to grow fresh-cut flowers from our home to this day.
We know what it takes to get those beautiful blooms from seed to vase, and have a deep appreciation for the process and the unmatched beauty of naturally-grown flowers.
Our floral style revolves around displaying the natural beauty of flowers, keeping it simple and fresh. We believe that the flowers speak for themselves, all you have to do is give them the chance to shine.
Meet the owners, Austin and Andrea.
Our goal at Gainesville Flower is to spread the joy of flowers to our community! We would be honored to create something special for you and the special people in your life.
Address: 3545 SW 34th Street, Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32608
(We are located in the plaza next to Embers Restaurant)
Phone: (352) 372-9004
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Follow us on Instagram @gainesvilleflower
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do you deliver? We offer delivery within 14 miles from our shop, which is located at 3545 SW 34th Street, Suite B, Gainesville, FL 32608. Our website's check out process will automatically calculate the mileage of your delivery address to determine if it is within our delivery zone, when ordering online. If ordering over the phone, our receptionists will calculate it for you using google maps. Locations further than the 14 miles will not allow delivery as on option, and you will need to pick up instead. In some cases, we can make exceptions for delivering outside of our standard zone, just give us a call at (352) 372-9004 to discuss.
- How much does delivery cost? Our delivery fees are based on driving mileage for our delivery drivers. The closest deliveries start at $8.99, then $12.99, and our furthest delivery zone costs $16.99. *In-store PICK UP is always free, if this is an option for you.
- Can I order for Same-Day delivery? Yes! We take same-day deliveries up until 3:00 p.m. on Monday through Fridays and until 12:00 noon on Saturdays. No deliveries on Sundays, as we are closed that day.
- Can I just walk into the store and order something on the spot? Yes! Walk-Ins are always welcome! This is a great way to order, especially if you are new to ordering flowers, as you can see the flowers for yourself in person and choose exactly what your recipient will like! It will typically take our floral designers 15 minutes or so to create your order, and we have a little in-store waiting area for you to sit and relax while you wait.
- Where do your source your flowers from? We LOVE sourcing our fresh flowers from local Florida farms, and we get as many of our flowers as we can locally! Your arrangement may even include flowers that our store owners have grown themselves, in their small backyard growing space. We also buy from floral wholesalers in Jacksonville and Daytona when needed, who deliver the flowers to our store in refrigerated trucks to ensure freshness.
Do you sell any plants or only cut flowers?
We do offer a couple of types of potted plants. We typically have Peace Lilies (Spathiphyllum ) and what we call Dish Gardens, which are potted assortments of multiple houseplants in a decorative ceramic pot. These come in multiple size options, have different price points, and make a great gifts for many occasions.
- Do you create custom orders? Absolutely! If you are looking for something you aren't seeing on our website, please give us a call at (352) 372-9004 to inquire and we will be glad to create what we can for you.
- Do you do large events and weddings? Yes! Our florists love creating your special event florals. We can create just about anything, (with the exception of structural installments like arches), to suit your specific needs. From table-top centerpieces, to large and showy display arrangements, we would love to create it for you. Everything is completely customizable, just give us a call or send us an email at email@example.com to inquire further.